Pilgrim Quality Solutions, an IQVIA company
This week, Pilgrim Quality Solutions proudly celebrates 25 years of commitment to helping hundreds of organizations around the globe manage product quality with confidence, enhance patient safety, and be more prepared for audits than ever before. Pilgrim has pioneered quality management software solutions since 1993, bringing industry best practices to the Life Sciences sector, and partnering with the world’s leading companies to enhance their quality processes, positively impact their financial performance, and achieve regulatory success.
In honor of this accomplishment, we look back over the last 25 years of events that have defined Pilgrim as the leading provider of enterprise quality and compliance management software and services for the Life Sciences and other highly regulated industries.
- 1991 – Pilgrim’s co-founders develop ISO certification software for their employer while retaining ownership of the software.
- 1993 – Pilgrim Software is incorporated in Tampa, FL – headquarters to Pilgrim ever since.
- 1994 – ALCOA and Hoechst-Celanese become Pilgrim’s first customers.
- 1995 – Columbia Lighting licenses software applications for multiple plants locations.
- 1997 – Pilgrim opens Research & Development Operations and its first Asian Headquarters in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 1998 – Pilgrim launches its Enterprise Quality Management Software (EQMS) platform and solution suite.
- 1999 — Pilgrim closes large seven figure deals with customers such as Air Liquide and Caterpillar.
- 2000 – Pilgrim’s Research & Development group is re-established at the Tampa Headquarters – total organization more than doubles again.
- 2001 – Pilgrim focuses on four key vertical markets – Life Sciences, Aerospace, Automotive, and High-Tech.
- 2002 – Pilgrim launches its fully web-based SmartSolve® product.
- 2003 – Pilgrim opens its first European Headquarters location in The Netherlands.
- 2004 – Pilgrim’s India Development Center is established.
- 2005 – Pilgrim is recognized as a leading Enterprise Compliance and Quality Management (ECQM) solution provider in the Life Sciences industries by industry analyst Frost & Sullivan.
- 2006 – Pilgrim moves it European Headquarters to Amsterdam.
- 2007 – Pilgrim is named North American Enterprise Compliance & Quality Management Company of the Year within the Life Sciences Industry by Frost & Sullivan.
- 2008 – Pilgrim is honored by Frost & Sullivan for the second consecutive year as North American Enterprise Compliance and Quality Management Company of the Year.
- 2009 – Pilgrim’s recurring cloud-SaaS revenue skyrockets with large deals from perpetual software customers lifting-and-shifting to the Pilgrim Cloud deployment and managed service model.
- 2010 – Pilgrim is honored by Frost & Sullivan with the Best-in-Class Customer Value Enhancement Award in the Enterprise Risk, Compliance and Quality Management Market for Life Sciences Industry.
- 2011 – Life Sciences and healthcare technology-focused private equity firm, Riverside Partners LLC, purchases Pilgrim Software, Inc.
- 2014 – Pilgrim Software is re-branded under its new name, Pilgrim Quality Solutions.
- 2015 – SmartSolve is used by nearly 1,000,000 professionals globally in over 30 countries.
- 2016 – Pilgrim is honored by Frost & Sullivan with the Enterprise Quality Management Solution for Medical Devices Customer Value Award.
- 2017 – Pilgrim is honored by Frost & Sullivan with the Enterprise Quality Management Solution for Pharmaceutical Product Leadership Award.
- 2017 – Pilgrim Quality Solutions is acquired by QuintilesIMS.
- 2018 – IMS Health and Quintiles become IQVIA, and Pilgrim adopts the IQVIA moniker as its official name: Pilgrim Quality Solutions, an IQVIA company – the largest life science and health care solution provider in the world.
Best Practices for Next-Generation QMS
This ebook examines six key imperatives for successful Next-Generation Quality Management.